Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation by 10 percent by 2020. For more information click here.
- Many of our retailers now offer shoppers the option of reusable bags.
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- The Center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- We are just completing an LED retrofit on all exterior lighting to greatly reduce electric consumption.
- Our Center has a recently upgraded HVAC system that minimizes our energy usage and lowers our carbon footprint.
- Our escalators are on timing schedule to help save energy while still providing our shoppers with their convenience.
- Electric golf carts are used by Maintenance and Security.
- The Center's parking areas offer 5 electric vehicle charging stations in 2 separate locations.